Founded in the early nineteenth century by James Lovewell and aquired by the Fellows family following his death in 1824. Acquired by the United Molasses Co. in 1970 and merged with Richard (Shipbuilders). The yard closed in 1994, but was later acquired by Gardline and reopened as Richards Dry Dock and Engineering. Subsidiary Alicat Workboats was founded in 2009 and acquired the yard in a management buy out in 2018. Sister company South Boats was acquired at the same time.