Founded in 1876 in Bremerhaven, starting shipbuilding in 1879. Became a member of the cooperative Deutsche Schiff- und Maschinenbau (Deshimag) in 1928. Deschimang was dissolved after the second world war, and the company became a subsidiary of AG Weser named AG Weser Seebeckwerft. Following the bankruptcy of AG Weser in 1983 the company merged with Schichau Unterweser in 1988 to become Schichau Seebeckwerft. The Shipyard closed in 2009.